THE PULSE OF YOUR LIFE
THE PULSE OF YOUR LIFE
If your cancer experience challenged you on every level…
If you long for community, but not one that focuses on the details of diagnosis, medications, or all the ways to sugarcoat reality…
If you want space held for the beauty, suffering, power and sacredness of your emotional and spiritual journey…
If you’ve been cracked open…
You’re in the right place.
Join the Joy Boots community to receive weekly videos and blogs with encouragement, companionship, and support for your emotional recovery from the cancer experience. No matter where you are in your personal healing, you can connect to community, feel grounded, centered, alive, and joyful.
Learn more about my Yoga and Talk® Group programs HERE.
I’m Kelly Indra Inselmann. I’m a cancer survivor, a Clinical Social Worker, Certified YogaTherapist, yoga teacher of over 20 years, and founder of Joy Boots for Cancer Survivors. Joy Boots is a supportive online home, dedicated to helping survivors like you prioritize your healing by showing you how to experience your body and emotions as powerful guides. Through weekly encouragement, yoga, group talk therapy, and my lived experience, I’ll help you create space for your joy, without sugar-coating any part of your reality, so you can reconnect with the pulse of your life
Join the Joy Boots Community to receive weekly encouragement (free) to live free from fear and remember your wellness.
When you join the JoyBoots List, you receive a guided Healing Breath Meditation video for cancer survivors .
Each Monday, I create a 5 -10 minute video recording of a meditation, visualization or mantra for cancer survivors to use throughout the week. You’ll also find reflections on the recovery experience and staying connected to joy.
This week’s meditation:
The Benefits of Mantra
- Effective at interrupting negative thinking, obsessive worry, and rumination
- Helps the mind focus on a neutral, uplifting idea.
- Stimulates the vagus nerve to relax the nervous system
- The tongue touches meridian points in the upper palate that correspond to the brain and glandular system, creating a state of emotional wellbeing.
- The vibration itself creates chemical changes in the brain which feel good, even blissful.
- From a spiritual perspective, chanting helps us align with the Divine in ourselves and in the universe.
Benefits of Meditation
- Effective tool for understanding and managing emotions
- Increases our ability to extend compassion to ourselves and others
- Creates stability of mind
- Lowers inflammation
- Lowers stress
- Lowers anxiety and depression
- Reduces pain
- Improves capacity to tolerate discomfort
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves immune system functioning
- Improves memory
Benefits of Visualization
- Lets you enter a state of relaxation
- Interrupts and reduces insomnia, anxiety, and fear
- Helps overcome limiting beliefs
- Helps you remember your strength and confidence
- Sets positive intentions and directs you to see possibilities
- Helps you tolerate procedures and treatments more easily
- Stimulates healing responses in the body and mind
- Feels good!