Real Healing Requires Community
“The reality is things may never be exactly the same. Be honest with yourself about what you are feeling and find community who allow you to show up just as you are” from the Healing Well Course.
This Wednesday on June 21, 2023 we have the last JoyBoots Yoga class of the summer. It’s been such a pleasure to reconnect with so many old friends and to meet new ones as well.
I will be away June 26-July 24, 2023. After the summer break, that’s when you can count on our weekly class continuing…
JoyBoots Yoga is unique in that we address, experientially through our practices, some of the more challenging aspects of living with cancer or after treatment. These are:
- feeling gripped by fear (of recurrence, physical pain, our own mortality)
- negative circular thinking that can’t be easily stopped
- tension and stress you hold in your body
- anger you pretend not to have (that comes out inadvertently)
- desire to understand yourself and your precious path forward so you can make meaning of life
- chance to deeply breathe and strengthen your relaxation response
- feel more grounded and emotionally balanced
Being able to show up just as you are to find a seat for you at the table helps heal loneliness and isolation.
It’s hard to heal emotionally when you feel alone.
I’m excited to bring a variety of JoyBoots programs forward beginning the end of August.
My online therapeutic course, Healing Well: Reconnect to your Life After Cancer starts in September 2023 and will be available to take at your own pace.
By request, we will also have some In Person Workshop and Meet Up Opportunities beginning in the fall as well.
Please join the JoyBoots Community (free) or email me at email@example.com for more information or for an individual session.
Stay Cool this Summer!